MAY GOALS

Wednesday 4 May 2016


May is one of my favourite months. There is something about spring I just love - the light mornings, the weather starting to subside, the pretty flowers. My dad picked me up this orchid last week, isn't it so pretty? The last month has been so busy so I'm looking forward to taking my foot off the accelerator for the month ahead and focusing on some small goals that I want to achieve. I had started doing just specific fitness goals each month but I've decided to combine them with my general goals for the month ahead.

Get settled in my job - May will be my first full month in my job and I'm looking forward to getting stuck in, settled and start enjoying it. As I've mentioned before, it's only for a year so I want to start grabbing this experience with both hands and start to up my game.

Continue to declutter - After reading The Magic of Tidying Up, it's made me oh so inspired to get rid of all the clutter I own. It's not until I've started doing this that I've realised I'm a complete in denial hoarder. Seriously, how many receipts and old magazines can a girl own? I've started on my wardrobe, given clothes to charity and put a few bits and bobs on Depop/Ebay so the next task is my drawers, my bathroom & my DVD collection.

Make more time with friends - I'm a bit guilty of not being super social. I speak to most of my friends every other day and we are both there if we need each other but I feel like I rarely have time to catch up with them and it's just because everyone is out living their life with their own commitments and what not. This month, I want to make a conscious effort to catch up with my friends, even if it's just for a coffee or a quick bite to eat.

Lose another 4 pounds - In my last fitness goals post, I wanted to lose another 4 pounds which I actually managed to achieve bringing my grand total weight loss to a stone. I'm so chuffed at how well I've managed to stick at eating healthy and working out - to the point when I do have a cheat night, the next day I'm ready to get my head back in the game. I'd like to lose another 4 pounds if I can this month so here's hoping I manage to achieve it.

Make more of an effort with my appearance - Bit of an odd goal but I really do feel this last month, I've let myself go. Everyday when I go to work, my hair is pulled back in a messy pony tail, I have minimal makeup on and I'm always wearing the same outfits every other day. I can't wait till payday to treat myself and start making more of a conscious effort to look better - the just rolled out of bed look is doing me no favours. 

Do you have any goals for May? I'd love to hear what they are below or you can always tweet/instagram me at @whatamydidblog - thanks for reading. 

7 comments

  1. I hate going into people's houses and bedrooms and seeing clutter it makes me so agitated inside it's strange. I once went into my friends room and she was happy for me to go through everything and clean it out-to this day we're still friends! Do you use depop regularly and is it any good?
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling, Charlotte! Makes me feel so uneasy - can you come declutter for me? I'm really tidy but I just can't believe the things I'm holding onto that I really don't need. I love Depop! I prefer it to eBay nowadays - much easier to user :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your new job, be sure to keep us updated! Also keep going with the weight loss, you're doing amazing and not many people get that far! xx

    Blog:: Hannah Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hannah! It's going well so far and starting to enjoy it, just can't wait to feel more settled. Thank you - it's been tough but I didn't realise just how disciplined I can be when I put my mind to it xx

      Delete
  3. Great goals! Fitness is my focus at the moment!

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey sweet.. Well done on loosing the weight, I believe in you and think you'll have no trouble loosing that 4lbs. I've heard so much about that book I NEED it in my life! Decluttering is definitely something I need to do. Good luck in your new job :)
    I started the gym last week, so my main goal for this month is to stick to it and drop a few pounds myself!

    Love Hannah xx

    www.HannahHawes.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really happy I found your blog, great post xx

    www.raspberriesandribbons.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© WHAT AMY DID. Design by FCD.