4 Mid Year Goals

Thursday 22 June 2017


I begin to sound like my Mum every time I start a post of this style but seriously, WHERE HAS THIS YEAR GONE? At the start of this year, I wrote a post all about why I was said no to New Year's resolutions in 2017. As a self-confessed perfectionist who shudders at the thought of failing anything, I decided this was the best course of action to take and totally YOLO 2017. This year hasn't turned out quite like I imagined but I'm rolling with it and trying to make the best out of a series of bad situations - I think that's adulthood in a nutshell? I decided for the rest of the year to set myself some small, achievable goals to keep me focused and thought why not share them publically so, you know, I've kinda got to stick to them. 

Write, Write, Write - Although I know I'm not the next JK Rowling or the most grammatically correct blogger out there, I've fallen back in love with writing. When I was a kid, I always used to write stories. Even when the schools were out for summer, I could still be found with a pen and paper in hand, furiously scribbling away tales of my childhood imagination. I've always found great solace in writing and I believe it's why I've returned to blogging again. I've also been writing some non-fiction as a form of escapism and found it's been therapeutic. I've been researching some writing courses, both online and offline, to get my teeth stuck into. I want to hone my writing skills, inject more of my personality into my blog posts and keep the momentum going. 

Be kinder to myself - My anxiety has been so up and down lately, it's inconsistency has been frustrating me so much. When I have a series of good days, I feel on top of the world and just want to do everything. But then, my bad days kick in and rather than look at it as a minor setback and say tomorrow is a new day, I take it to heart and feel like I'm back to square one. Even though I know that's not the case, it still hits me hard. I want to learn to be kinder to myself, to take each day as it comes and celebrate small victories. 

Do more for charity - I normally make small donations to different JustGiving pages each month but I want to make more of a conscious effort to actually participate than just give money. I've been so inspired by people on my social media doing different 5ks/runs for charity and all the amazing causes they've brought to light and raised money for. I'm hoping when I'm back at work to do some bake sales, get my fitness up and potentially sign up for some form of charity run. 

Up my photography skills - With summer here and recently investing in the oh-so-amazing 45mm lens for the Olympus Pen, I want to get to grips with my camera and perfect my photography. The 45mm lens has been an incredible purchase - it seriously makes photos look dreamy with that perfect blurred background and sharp, crisp detail. Since shooting with it, I've been feeling more confident with the images I'm producing - I just need to master all the different settings! Flatlays are something I've always struggled with so I'd love to learn how to take the 'perfect one'. If you have any posts on photography tips, please hit your girl up! I'd love to read them. 

What do you think about setting mid-year goals? Do you think it's a good time of year to reflect back on your achievements and refresh your resolutions or do you think it's added pressure? I'd love to know what your goals are for the rest of the year too so please comment below or as always, you can tweet/IG me at @whatamydid. Thanks for reading!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© WHAT AMY DID. Design by FCD.